Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You don’t even have to ask!

When we ask God for healing, we often wonder if He heard us and if He is willing to heal. So we ask and ask.

Actually, we don't even have to ask. Just the mention of our sickness and how awful it makes us feel is enough to move Jesus to say, "I will come and heal you."

Look at the passage on the healing of the Roman centurion's servant:
Matthew 8:5-7
5 Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him,
6 saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented."
7 And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him."
All the centurion did was to tell Jesus about the sick servant and his condition. He did not even ask Jesus to heal his servant. Yet, the moment Jesus heard about how much the servant was suffering, He said, "I will come and heal him."

That's the heart of Jesus. That's the heart of your Father. When you tell Him about your sickness and pain, before you can even ask Him for healing, He is already saying, "I WILL come and HEAL you."

Friends, Jesus is always willing to heal. Just a few verses earlier, we find Him saying to the leper, "I am WILLING; be cleansed." (Verse 3) 

So even before you come to the point of asking God for healing, know in your heart that He already knows all about your pain and is saying, “I am WILLING. I WILL come and HEAL you.”

No comments: